FREE Newborn Posing Guide AND Ultimate Tips and Tricks Guide
Subscribe by email to receive it
That time of year when most people take a look at the year that lies ahead and [hopefully] make some sort of plan that helps to bring their hopes, dreams, and goals into a reality .
Before talking about what you can do to make 2012 a great year for yourself, I want to really encourage the sharing component of this blog. Please comment/share with others (here on the blog) if you have strategies/ideas/exercises/etc. that work for you. Spread the love – and start doing it today .
Okay, onwards and upwards.
Karen Carey (Karen Carey Photography), who is the master of visualization and goal-setting, generously shared her advice…
- Make sure your credibility is at stake. This is your biggest motivator.
- Make sure your goal is your own.
- Make sure your goal involves a BIG outcome.
- Make sure you are committed to the long range outcome. Go as far as you can see and the rest will be revealed.
- Make sure your goals are specific and measurable. Break them down into daily and weekly units. [This one is critical, in my opinion]
- Make sure you get started. You can’t achieve anything in your head.
- Write it down and then get started walking it out.
Karen’s THRIVE workshop last fall was incredible (you can read the review HERE). [I think she may have a couple of spots left for her workshop at the end of January (2012), if you really want to get your motor running . You can find the details HERE.]
For me, #5 and #6 on Karen’s list are really important. I would add…
- Stay true to yourself. Do what feels right – not necessarily what others are doing or others are telling you to do.
- Take your customer service up a notch – or better yet – up 10 notches!
- Find/create at least ONE thing that you feel differentiates you from others in your field.
- Take a look at your process from start to finish and ask yourself how you could streamline it a bit more.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for feedback – from friends or other photographers.
I would love to hear what works well for you in planning your year ahead.
GOOD LUCK! And, as always, SHARING always appreciated. Remember – it’s good kharma .